Dogtopia is a national dog daycare and boarding franchise. The flagship location opened in Tysons Corner, VA in 2002 and has since grown into a national brand.
Core service offerings at Dogtopia include:
• Dog daycare
• Overnight boarding,
• Spa services (bath and nails),
• Self-serve dog wash, and a retail boutique.
• Grooming is an optional service offered. The majority of stores are now offering grooming.
Dogtopia conveys a clean, upscale spa-like facility that sets itself apart from the industry. The Lobby is designed with bright colors, ceramic tile flooring, and Corian countertop front desk. Dog playrooms use rubber flooring and offer web cameras for owners to view their dog.
Dogtopia is well-positioned to take advantage of the $47 Billion pet industry. In order to do that, each Franchise Owner receives a comprehensive support and training program upon signing. Below is a list of support features:
• Real Estate, Lease Negotiation, Site Design, and Construction Support
• Pre-Grand Opening support with a detailed marketing strategy plan
• 2 week training program at Dogtopia Home Office. Topics include:
– Dog Safety and Playroom Management
– Dog Evaluations and Temperament Testing
– Interviewing and Hiring Employees
– Staffing and Scheduling
– Financial Reporting
– Software Training
– Marketing and Promotions
– Customer Service
– Front Desk Administration
– Understanding and Implementing the Core Values of Dogtopia
– Importance of building and maintaining the Dogtopia Brand
• Onsite support at Grand Opening
• Comprehensive Operations Manual
• Monthly Marketing calls
• Periodic Onsite Visitations at each Franchise location
• Intranet for all Dogtopia documentation, message boards, royalty reporting
• Monthly Operation Calls
• Monthly Coaching Calls with a Business Coach (for the first 6 months)
• National Partnerships with exclusive vendors for growing stores, brand awareness, and customer relationships
• Nationally recognized non-profit company, K-9 Support, Inc. (k9support.org)
• Annual Conference